Year six will be taught by:
Last Half Term - SATs
The children worked extremely hard last half term in preparation for their Year 6 SATs. Their determination, resilience and hard work in and out of class paid off and they were all very happy with how they went. Mrs Walker and I are very proud of them.
We even managed to get out in the sun for a spot of revision...
What we still have to look forward to
With our last half term finally here, we have got lots of fun topics and trips to look forward to.
- The Lake District
- The Euros 2016
- Sports Week
- The history behind the Battle of the Somme (linked in with the Euros)
- Sizergh Castle, Kendal, Lake Distrcict - Wednesday 22nd June
- The Dogs Trust, Denton - Wednesday 6th July (am)
- Jumpnation, Manchester - Monday 11th July (am)
Other important events
- Year 6 Leavers Service, Manchetser Cathedral - Monday 20th June (am)
- Leavers Service, St Peter's Church, Ashton - Thursday 21st July
- Year 6 Production - Date to be confirmed closer to the time
A letter will be sent home regarding further information about these trips and events.
A snapshot into some of the fun things Year 6 have done this year so far...
Our Sports Hall session is every Thursday; however, children will need to keep their PE kit in school at all times as sessions may change.
The children will be given a piece of English and Maths homework every Friday which will be due in the following Friday morning.
Homework clubs will be on throughout the week during dinner time where children can receive help from staff and complete their homework during school time.
If homework is not completed for the deadline, children will be in detention during dinnertime on the Friday.
Children will receive spellings related to our current topic at the end of every term in preparation for weekly spelling tests over the course of the next term.
In addition to these topic spellings, children will also be given 5 spellings to learn fortnightly taken from the National Curriculum. These will be tested in a 1:1 session with the teaching assistant.